Monday, October 13, 2008

mitten season!

I swear I'm sleeping less and less.
I wake up and feel around for the space that I used to have. The space that I have lost, and yet I have gained. I gained an entire human being with memories and shortcomings and modern ideas and bright eyes wide with newness.

I was questioned, inside and out, why do you like him, love him, stay?
I've spent about 4 minutes trying to compile an answer.

I like to believe in fairy tales, but I know that what we have isn't like any of those. I love the way his heart beats in between mine. As if we were made to make a melody that only we can hear. I could stay in bed all day with him as clean light pours in through the windows just hoping for a few more minutes that I'm not promised.

I find myself at odds with life and love and even forgiveness. but at this point I think it's pretty accurate to say that I am finally content with the smallest aspect of my life.

Let the big picture figure itself out, I will know in time right?

No comments: